Iron – The Oxygen Mineral
Iron is needed to carry oxygen to every cell in our body so unless we have adequate iron in our body, we will remain tired. Iron deficiency is common in women and indeed is the most common cause of fatigue.
We can become low in iron because:
1. We have heavy menstrual bleeding
2. We have poor gut absorption, especially if we are gluten intolerant
3. Have parasites in our gut that are stealing our iron
4. We do not eat enough iron rich foods
5. We are losing blood because of internal bleeding from our gut