(NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, additive 951)
Many researchers, scientists and doctors agree that there are a huge number of people from all over the world suffering from the side effects associated with aspartame ingestion. Many of those suffering have no idea that their choice of sweetener could be poisoning them.
It seems somewhat ironic that, for most people, the inclusion of aspartame into their diet is a direct result of the desire to lose weight and get healthier. Unfortunately, aspartame has been shown to actually slow metabolism which impedes weight loss.
To increase metabolism, a product like Metabocel is ideal as it contains supportive herbs and minerals to promote effective weight loss and to support maximum fat burning.
The Side Effects of Aspartame
The components of aspartame are 50% phenylalanine, 40% aspartic acid and 10% methanol (in the body methanol breaks down into formaldehyde [embalming fluid] and formic acid).
Ingesting this nasty chemical cocktail can lead to a number of health problems.
People have found that side effects can show up immediately, gradually or may present as acute reactions.
There are also users who don’t appear to be suffering from any immediate side effects at all. However, these individuals are also susceptible to the long-term damage caused by excitatory amino acids, phenylalanine, methanol, and DKP.
Adverse reactions and side effects of aspartame include:
- blindness in one or both eyes
- decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision
- pain in one or both eyes
- decreased tears
- trouble with contact lenses
- bulging eyes
- tinnitus – ringing or buzzing sound
- severe intolerance of noise
- marked hearing impairment
- epileptic seizures
- headaches, migraines and (some severe)
- dizziness, unsteadiness, both
- confusion, memory loss, both
- severe drowsiness and sleepiness
- paresthesia or numbness of the limbs
- severe slurring of speech
- severe hyperactivity and restless legs
- atypical facial pain
- severe tremors
- severe depression
- personality changes
- palpitations, tachycardia
- shortness of breath
- recent high blood pressure
- diarrhoea, sometimes with blood in stools
- abdominal pain
- pain when swallowing
Skin and Allergies
- itching without a rash
- lip and mouth reactions
- aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma
Endocrine and Metabolic
- loss of control of diabetes
- menstrual changes
- marked thinning or loss of hair
- marked weight loss
- gradual weight gain
- aggravated low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia)
- severe PMS
- frequency of voiding and burning during urination
- excessive thirst, fluid retention, leg swelling, and bloating
- increased susceptibility to infection
Additional Symptoms of Aspartame Toxicity include
- irreversible brain damage
- birth defects, including mental retardation
- peptic ulcers
- aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
- hyperactivity in children
- severe depression
- aggressive behavioursuicidal tendencies
Aspartame may trigger, mimic, or cause the following illnesses:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Epstein-Barr (Glandular Fever)
- Grave’s Disease
- Lyme Disease
- Meniere’s Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease (ALS)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
Unfortunately, aspartame poisoning can be misdiagnosed because aspartame symptoms mock textbook ‘disease’ symptoms, such as Multiple Sclerosis.
The ratio of amino acids in the blood is changed by aspartame – it blocks or lowers the levels of serotonin, tyrosine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and adrenaline. It is therefore quite typical that aspartame symptoms cannot be detected in lab tests and on x-rays.
Did you know?
There are over 92 reported health symptoms of aspartame poisoning which have been noted by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Check here for the full list
Want to find out more?
More information and the list of adverse reactions and side effects can be found at www.sweetpoison.com